My client is using Safeboot v.4.2.15 which as we all know is EOL next month. However everytnig used to work pretty well untill last week when I've noticed that we are unable to install Safeboot.
I'm exporting installation set from the Object database, installing it on some PC then restart and the machine is not appearing in the database. The SB icon appears in the right down corner of the taskbar but and when we force sync from the machine the messages in the LOG file are the following:
09/08/10 14:01:56 Starting SafeBoot Configuration Manager (v 4.2e)
09/08/10 14:01:56 Windows version = 5.1 (Build 2600)
09/08/10 14:01:56 checking for screen saver updates
09/08/10 14:01:56 Synchronizing local machine with database
09/08/10 14:01:56 database = AMLN188
09/08/10 14:01:56 address = safeboot.ahq.intra
09/08/10 14:01:56 server port = 5555
09/08/10 14:01:56 authenticate = Yes
09/08/10 14:01:56 installing boot protection
09/08/10 14:02:07 machine name = "AHQL1000230001"
09/08/10 14:02:07 creating new database entry
09/08/10 14:02:07 group ID = 00000079
09/08/10 14:02:07 checking for Windows logon updates
09/08/10 14:02:07 checking for screen saver updates
09/08/10 14:02:07 finished synchronization
09/08/10 14:07:33 checking for screen saver updates
09/08/10 15:16:23 Synchronizing local machine with database
09/08/10 15:16:23 database = AMLN188
09/08/10 15:16:23 address = safeboot.ahq.intra
09/08/10 15:16:23 server port = 5555
09/08/10 15:16:23 authenticate = Yes
09/08/10 15:16:24 installing boot protection
09/08/10 15:16:30 machine name = "AHQL1000230001"
09/08/10 15:16:30 creating new database entry
09/08/10 15:16:30 group ID = 00000079
09/08/10 15:16:30 checking for Windows logon updates
09/08/10 15:16:30 checking for screen saver updates
09/08/10 15:16:30 finished synchronization
09/08/10 15:56:40 Shutting down SafeBoot Configuration Manager
I've deleted the old entry of the machine, but again nothing happened.
I have enough free licenses, I've made a group scan but don't have orphaned machines.
I've started the Safeboot server as an application and synced from the machine > I can see the machine IP Adreess, name field is blank and the object ID is 0x0000000 which leads me to the conclusion that the database for some reason is not giving object ID to this machine. Yesterday I had another machine that again is not appearing in the database even after a couple of restarts.
I have ping between machine and server in both directions, no firewall. All .INI files are looking OK.
Thank you in advance!