SolutionHow to deactivate a license so it can be reactivated on another computerDescription
If you have installed your McAfee software on the maximum number of computers for the number of licenses you purchased, and you need to install your software on a new computer, you will need to purchase additional licenses or deactivate the license on an existing computer. When you install the software on a new computer, the deactivated license will become active on the new computer. The most common reason you would need to deactivate a license would be in the event of a computer hardware failure requiring a hard drive replacement or new computer.
To deactivate a license from your current McAfee subscription and release the license for use with a different computer, use the steps below:
- Go to http://www.mcafee.com.
- Click Home and Home Office.
- Log in using the email address and password you used to purchase your McAfee software.
- Under the My Protection Products section, select the subscription from which you would like a license released.
This will take you to the list of machines currently being protected by McAfee.
- Find the computer you want to deactivate and click the Deactivate button to the right.
You will receive a warning asking if you are sure you wish to continue with the deactivation of the selected machine.
- If you selected this machine in error, click Cancel. Otherwise click Deactivate to proceed.
After you have successfully deactivated the license, you will be returned to the same screen but the button will now say
http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100996&lang=en_US&prior_tid=2&An swerID=16777216&turl==http%3A%2F%2Fkb.mcafee.com%2Finfocenter%2Findex%3Fpage%3Dc ontent%26id%3DTS100996%26actp%3Dsearch%26viewlocale%3Den_USDeepu.
Thanks a lot.