Sorry for the delayed response, just to be more clear - you said "OS Windows 7 Home, Norton 10.5.195, Outlook 2010......Switched to McAfee this month "
So are you currently using McAfee or Norton?
I am using McAfee 10.5.195
Have you removed all the Norton traces from the computer, if not check it out in Control Panel> Add/Rem programs if anything found uninstall them, reboot the computer and check the status. If the issue still persist, then please run the McAfee Removal Tool, reboot the computer and reinstall the McAfee programs
Please let us know if that helps you...
Thanks for the recommendation to verify that Norton references were totally removed.
When I deinstalled Norton I used their removal tool of the NIS, and control panel unistall for the Norton utilities, followed by a re-boot.
On your recommendation, I verified that Norton no longer appeard in the program area as displayed by Ctl panel. I then checked the directory's for Program Data and Program files and found directories in both that refered to Norton products. Also Outlook had a folder called Norton (no add-in for Nortorn however). I removed the Norton Oulook folder. I also removed the sub-directories that referenced Norton within Program Data and Program Files directories. I Re-enabled the McAfee addin for Outlook 2010 and re-booted the machine and the McAfee add-in appears in the ribbon are for outlook. All is stable for since the evening of 9/23/2010.
Thanks again for your assistance.
Glad to know it worked