3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2010 9:01 AM by Deepu_S

Help with my Problem with McAfee SecurityCenter...

Hello, I have a problem with my McAfee SecurityCenter, is that for some time are sending me an error "Your Computer is at risk" because allegedly my software is disabled or I ran out of time the product license...Which is a lie because I remain valid 260 days leave, this problem is solved for a few weeks I kept re-downloading the McAfee and then not give me "error" for a week, but since yesterday so not resolved ...

Please some options for my case , I have had enough ...
      Thanks ...

P.S.: apologizing if I have syntax errors with my English is that I'm starting ...

• 1. Re: Help with my Problem with McAfee SecurityCenter...

I am having same problem it starts with error codes then a message telling me my pc is at risk against attack and it tels me software address. if u look down at left hand corner i have mcfees shield (red) and a green shield. Im at the point where i cant join anything i cant even go to add delete page or users page. I can go to security page and windows firewall is off but i cant turn it on. Its real aggravating. Its telling me the only way to get out of this is to purchase their program. Which I will NOT. i resent being forced to purchase anything in this manner.Please help me. I thought i saw name once either antivir or advir something like that.

• 2. Re: Help with my Problem with McAfee SecurityCenter...

Why was this thread started in our McAfee Colombia group? I've moved it to the SecurityCenter area for better attention by a product expert.

• 3. Re: Help with my Problem with McAfee SecurityCenter...

Solution

How to deactivate a license so it can be reactivated on another computer

Description
              If you have installed your McAfee software on the maximum number of computers for the number of licenses you purchased, and you need to install your software on a new computer, you will need to purchase additional licenses or deactivate the license on an existing computer. When you install the software on a new computer, the deactivated license will become active on the new computer. The most common reason you would need to deactivate a license would be in the event of a computer hardware failure requiring a hard drive replacement or new computer.

Solution
              To deactivate a license from your current McAfee subscription and release the license for use with a different computer, use the steps below:

1. Go to http://www.mcafee.com.
              2. Click Home and Home Office.
              3. Log in using the email address and password you used to purchase your McAfee software.
              4. Under the My Protection Products section, select the subscription from which you would like a license released.

This will take you to the list of machines currently being protected by McAfee.
              5. Find the computer you want to deactivate and click the Deactivate button to the right.

You will receive a warning asking if you are sure you wish to continue with the deactivation of the selected machine.
              6. If you selected this machine in error, click Cancel.  Otherwise click Deactivate to proceed.

After you have successfully deactivated the license, you will be returned to the same screen but the button will now say

Reactivate.

After reactivating McAfee Right Click on M icon from taskbar and do an update of your PC.

You may check the same document at  http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100996&lang=en_US&prior_tid=2&An swerID=16777216&turl==http%3A%2F%2Fkb.mcafee.com%2Finfocenter%2Findex%3Fpage%3Dc ontent%26id%3DTS100996%26actp%3Dsearch%26viewlocale%3Den_US