1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 8, 2010 5:27 AM by JoeBidgood

ePO Repositories and Super Agents.

Hello,

We use a local, offline ePO as our master repository, that we load manually with updates and whatnot. We then install 1 or more superagents throughout the network topology to minimize network traffic load.

My question is: If this ePO server goes offline, and remains so for, lets say 1 week. How can I in the simplest way keep these super agent repositories updated on a daily basis?

Is there a way to manually add new DAT-definitions to a super agent repository?

If I install a complete ePO to the server that previously was a super agent, can I make that ePO "behave" as a super agent, when the "original master" ePO comes online on the LAN? I.e. the new ePO will be used as a distributed repository and only update clients that "see" this ePO.

I hope my dilemma came across, since I have a hard time formulating my problem in my head even.

• 1. Re: ePO Repositories and Super Agents.
          JoeBidgood

antwan wrote:

Hello,

We use a local, offline ePO as our master repository, that we load manually with updates and whatnot. We then install 1 or more superagents throughout the network topology to minimize network traffic load.

My question is: If this ePO server goes offline, and remains so for, lets say 1 week. How can I in the simplest way keep these super agent repositories updated on a daily basis?

Is there a way to manually add new DAT-definitions to a super agent repository?

You can't, I'm afraid - the only thing that can update a distributed repository is the ePO server that owns it.

If I install a complete ePO to the server that previously was a super agent, can I make that ePO "behave" as a super agent, when the "original master" ePO comes online on the LAN? I.e. the new ePO will be used as a distributed repository and only update clients that "see" this ePO.

Again, I'm afraid not - each ePO server is resonsible for its own master and distributed repositories. Sorry

Regards -

Joe