1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 3, 2010 11:20 AM by rmetzger

Is there an easy way to determine VSE or agent patch version?

I have VSE 8.7.0.129 installed on a pc.  Is there an easy way to find out which patch version that is?  I am looking for a document or a location that will tell me for instance VSE 8.7.0.129 is Patch 2.

• 1. Re: Is there an easy way to determine VSE or agent patch version?
          rmetzger

TomH wrote:

I have VSE 8.7.0.129 installed on a pc.  Is there an easy way to find out which patch version that is?  I am looking for a document or a location that will tell me for instance VSE 8.7.0.129 is Patch 2.

Hi Tom,

I am not sure a document exists (as I could be wrong) which translates VSE version numbers to installed Patches. I have the same version you cite, but I have Patch 3 installed.

If ePO is installed, reports within ePO can give you the information you need.

I have always used a more concrete method of discovery (particularly from batch files or login scripts).

For instance, if VSE v8.7i is installed, than looking for the patch file located in the repair cache directory is a solid way to identify what patch Has Been installed. I check for the existence of:

"%ProgramFiles%\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\RepairCache\Patch3.msp"

In the Registry you can open the key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McAfee\DesktopProtection]

Locate the value Patch_x where x represents the Patch that has been installed.

Hope this is helpful.

Ron Metzger