I have been attempting to build a Foundstone 7 box on Windows 2008 64bit with SQL 2008. The installation seems to work correctly but for some reason Foundstone does not bind with IIS 7 default site. I have been working with Teir II and neither of us have been able to get this to work. Perhaps someone from the community has had better success.
According to the manual, the following pertain to Win2008, SQL & IIS
When installing McAfee Vulnerability Manager on a server running Windows 2008 R2, you must either be logged in as the root administrator for the server or the Admin Approval Mode (page 116) must be disabled.
I am running as the root admin & disabled Admin Approval Mode
Single server software requirements
Microsoft Windows 2008 R2, with Service Pack 1 or later
• McAfee Vulnerability Manager 7.0 only supports running on English operating systems
• Current security updates, including the JScript update provided in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-023 (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms06-023.mspx).
• The Foundstone Configuration Agent requires administrator rights to start and stop services. If the logged in user does not have administrator rights, McAfee Vulnerability Manager might not function properly.
Microsoft SQL Server 2008, with Service Pack 1 or later, or Microsoft SQL Express 2008, with Service Pack 1 or later
• All Microsoft SQL and .NET hotfixes and patches
• McAfee recommends using 750MB for the SQL memory setting
• Additional software (covered by default Microsoft Windows and Microsoft SQL installations)
• IIS 7.5, including current IIS security patches
• MDAC 2.8
• World Wide Web Publishing must be running
• SQL Client Tools
I have met all of this criteria, though am not sure if I am running Win 2008 R2. Anyone have any idea how I can tell if it is R2 or R1? My assumption is that the 64bit version is R2.
How do I tell if I am running SQL 2008 R2 or R1? Nothing seems to be written anywhere.
Microsoft SQL server 2008 installation settings
The following table shows the dialog box name and recommended settings for each step of the installation. These settings are based on a typical Microsoft SQL Server 2008 installation.
Use the following settings when setting up your Microsoft SQL Server.
SQL server installation suggested settings (recommended)
Database Engine Services, including all sub-features
• Client Tools Connectivity
• Client Tools Backward Compatibility
• SQL Server Books Online
• Management Tools (complete)
Windows 2008 R2
On Windows Server 2008 R2, IIS version 7.5 is not installed by default.
If this does not open when you start Windows 2008 R2, select
Start | Administrative Tools | Server Manager.
Followed exactly, also tried to add ISAPI filters & enabled untrused CGI, plus various combinations, all have no effect.
The end result is always the same, all Foundstone installation checks pass, everything installs with no errors, but Foundstone & IIS are not linked in any way. Any assistance would be great.
Message was edited by: AlaXul on 9/2/10 3:29:45 PM CDT