3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2011 1:46 PM by egaznep

McAfee Anti-Theft - What features do you love, and want going forward?

Hi Folks,

I   am Latha Ramasamy and I am a product manager for McAfee Consumer products.  One of my key products that I manage is McAfee Anti-Theft.   It would be great to hear from current users of this product  as well as ones who are thinking of getting this product.  I am   looking to know what existing features you love, ones you would change,   and what new tasks you desire that you aren't able to accomplish now with respect to using this product.

Now is your chance   to express your oppinion, I am all ears!

Thanks,

Latha

• 1. Re: McAfee Anti-Theft - What features do you love, and want going forward?

It was a great product on windows xp, but useless in windows 7 64bit o/s.  Will not lock, which makes it useless.  There have been many posts about this online, but McAfee does not seem to figure them out. If you are the program manager, I might suggest you get a pc with 64 bit windows 7, install your product, and see if it works for you.  I am really afraid to use it now, was wanting to put important files in it, but don't trust it now in 64bit o/s platforms.

Jeff

HP Engineer

• 2. Re: McAfee Anti-Theft - What features do you love, and want going forward?

Hope this thread is still active.

I have a USB drive with encryption which automatically locks when my laptop powers off. So if I select 'Hibernate' when closing down, to save my current session before powering off (using Vista Ultimate OS) the USB drive automatically locks. The Anti-theft vault however remains unlocked.

It would be very useful if the Anti-Theft "Options" included the ability to "auto lock on power off" as well. Currently all you can do is:

• Auto lock vaults after an elapsed time
            • Auto lock vaults when the screensaver comes on

If I was to 'hibernate' my laptop for the night only to have it stolen, my secure files would be accessible to the user if they were able to hack my windows login credentials. If the vault auto locked upon hibernate then this would not be possible.

• 3. Re: McAfee Anti-Theft - What features do you love, and want going forward?

dude to be honest, this software sucks!!

u shall re compile it, I think

because everybody has problems with that software