1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2010 7:36 AM by fbollier

Framepkg.exe deployed but not running (Another one)

Hello all,

I create this post that seems to be similar to a current one, but the logs are a bit differents.

When I deploy the McAfee agent from EPO console, the framepkg is well copied to the client computer but can't install itself.

Server : Windows 2003 R2 and EPO 4.0 Patch 4

Client : XP SP3

agent : either 4.0 SP3 or 4.5 SP1

admin$ is reachable from server to host. I've tried both by hostname and ip

account use for deploiement : i have tried domain admin and local admin

server and client are not in the same domain, so I don't use integrated AD functionnality

On the EPo console I have the following log :

Error copying file D:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\Software\Current\EPOAGENT3000\Install\0409\Frame Pkg.exe to \\172.21.2.16\ADMIN$\FramePkg.exe, system error: The specified network name is no longer available.

In EPOapsrv.log :

20100901151723 I #5992 EPOJNI Pushing install to 172.21.2.16
      20100901151745 E #5992 EPOJNI Unable to copy D:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\Software\Current\EPOAGENT3000\Install\0409\Frame Pkg.exe to \\172.21.2.16\ADMIN$\FramePkg.exe, err=64
      20100901151745 E #5992 EPOJNI Push Agent Installation Program to 172.21.2.16 Fail!

When i try to install the framepkg.exe by psexec :

fdintCABINET_INFO
        next cabinet     =
        next disk        =
        cabinet path     = C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\mfe22E.tmp\
        cabinet set ID   = 12345
        cabinet # in set = 0 (zero based)

Extracting 'cleanup.exe'(70976) to 'C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\mfe22E.tmp\'
      fdintCLOSE_FILE_INFO
         file name in cabinet = cleanup.exe

Extracting 'FrmInst.exe'(378176) to 'C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\mfe22E.tmp\'
      fdintCLOSE_FILE_INFO
         file name in cabinet = FrmInst.exe

Extracting 'MFEagent.msi'(6224896) to 'C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\mfe22E.tmp\'
      FDICopy() failed: 4 [Corrupt cabinet]
      c:\windows\framepkg.exe exited on derache-1 with error code 1603.

The frminst.log looks like :

2010-09-01 15:27:13 I #3672 Stub Pkg
      2010-09-01 15:27:13 I #3672 Stub Pkg START ["c:\windows\framepkg.exe" /install=agent /silent]
      2010-09-01 15:27:13 I #3672 Common Pkg CreateDirectory (C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\mfe22E.tmp)
      2010-09-01 15:27:14 E #3672 Extract Pkg error line 278
      2010-09-01 15:27:14 E #3672 Stub Pkg extract error
      2010-09-01 15:27:14 I #3672 Stub Pkg END 1603

--------

If anyone have an idea or a clue ...

Thanks

• 1. Re: Framepkg.exe deployed but not running (Another one)
          Attila Polinger

Hi,

from the logs I see that even the copy operation was not a success. Could you run a network monitor while you activate the agent push again, to see network responses (also please set log level to 8 on the ePO server so server.log contains - hopefully - more information) ? Also, please could you manually try copying the framepkg.exe to the admin share performed on the ePO server?

Attila

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Framepkg.exe deployed but not running (Another one)

Hi,

My main problem is that the file is well-copied on the remote system by the console and I tried different releases/versions of the agent , to ensure that it wasn't a corrupted package.

So both manual copy and "by-epo" copy are ok, but instead of running the installation, it sends this message  "The specified network name is no longer available.".

I also try to open remote registry (HKLM) from my server with the account used for epo : it works.

i'll try to rise loglevel to see if i can get more informations.

Does Anyone know if the installation wait for the package to be copied or if it's timed (such as 30s after the begining of copy) ? As I have a low transfer rate between my epo server and my clients, it could be an explanation : installation could begin before the end of the copy ?

Ce message a été modifié par: fbollier on 02/09/10 03:03:58 CDT
            • 3. Re: Framepkg.exe deployed but not running (Another one)

raise loglevel to 8 brings nothing new, and my timeout theory was stupid cause psexec doesn't work better...

still searching a clue so.

• 4. Re: Framepkg.exe deployed but not running (Another one)

Add :

when launch the framepkg locally on host with an admin account, i've got the same error than with the psexec.

2010-09-02 11:50:32 I #3044 Stub Pkg START ["C:\WINDOWS\FramePkg.exe" ]
                2010-09-02 11:50:32 I #3044 Common Pkg CreateDirectory (C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\mfe672.tmp)
                2010-09-02 11:50:32 E #3044 Extract Pkg error line 278
                2010-09-02 11:50:32 E #3044 Stub Pkg extract error
                2010-09-02 11:50:32 I #3044 Stub Pkg END 1603

could my server generate wrong package ???

Ce message a été modifié par: fbollier on 02/09/10 04:56:55 CDT
                • 5. Re: Framepkg.exe deployed but not running (Another one)
                  jmcleish

what does it say in the frminst_machinename_error.log?

should be in same dir as frminst log

• 6. Re: Framepkg.exe deployed but not running (Another one)

seems that i have 2 differents problems.

1. the deploiement task fall in time out (fail) in epo console before the end of the copy (copy took between 2mn, 2mn30 ).

2. the package not running : I have empty frminst_machinename_error.log , this log seems to be generate by frminst.exe that is, obviously, not launched.

neither epo deploiement or local try of installation fill that log.

• 7. Re: Framepkg.exe deployed but not running (Another one)
                      jmcleish

when you run it locally on the machine as admin, where do you get the framepkg.exe from. what version are you using and is there any software installed that could prevent software installation at all- firewall, other av/ anti-malware software?

are you running it locally- at the machine or via remote desktop?

also, is this a brand new ePO install or is it/has it been working before?

cheers

Jane

• 8. Re: Framepkg.exe deployed but not running (Another one)
                        Attila Polinger

I still have one or two doubts about your situation. First what I see in the log excerpt that you initially attached is that agent push has failed to the client. You may see/state it otherwise, but then please give it another try and check if this entry recurs in server.log.

As for the second error, I could imagine that the extract error could be due to inability to write in the TEMP folder, i.e. inability to create files (like mfe672.tmp) under the TEMP folder. So please check if your client does not have, e.g, a working VirusScan which would prevent programs running files from the TEMP folder or whether this folder exists at all or if there is enough free space.

Attila

• 9. Re: Framepkg.exe deployed but not running (Another one)

Sorry for the disturbance, i finally identify the problem : Users are back from holydays and some of my network segments are overloaded, many errors on cifs transfers occurs.

it appears that my framepkg failed 90% of times to be transfer correctly, and so the package on remote machine was indeed corrupted, as my local test was with the c:\windows\framepkg bring by epo , it was corrupted too.

Guess i'll have to script for deploiement !

Thanks for your replies.

1 2 Previous Next