2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2010 11:23 AM by rwood

Consol based and Web based access to EPO server

Hi,

I have used both types of EPO server, consol based (3.x versions) and web based (4.x versions). What I've found that the consol based access is much more easier and quicker compared to the web based access (EPO 4.x versions). Apart from this the web based access is having many limitations such as - no right click allowed, for every small changes the web page keeps refreshing which is time consuming, explorer (tree) view missing which allows you to jump to different menus directly.

My question is whether there's any facilty to install seperate consol (like EPO 3.x version) for EPO 4.x versions?
      If not, is Mcafee planning to do so in the near future?

Regards,

Jitendra.

Message was edited by: jitendrarpawar on 8/31/10 11:44:10 PM CDT

Message was edited by: jitendrarpawar on 8/31/10 11:45:24 PM CDT
        • 1. Re: Consol based and Web based access to EPO server

Web console is really useful for large organizations which have multiple console users who move around and work from different workstations.

Message was edited by: Nishantha Ranasinghe on 31/08/10 23:58:22 CDT
          • 2. Re: Consol based and Web based access to EPO server

No plans at the current time to present other than a web console. However, one thing you might explore in ePO 4.5 is customizing the interface on the screens you use frequently. For instance, you can drag major functions to the top bar (like system tree, policy catalog, server task log etc icons). On other windows you can drag frequently-used actions from the menus to the bottom bar. These all allow you to tune the UI to your needs for the tasks you are performing. Each user can customize their screens.

Message was edited by: rwood on 9/2/10 9:23:02 AM PDT
            1 of 1 people found this helpful