2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2010 6:12 AM by Peter M

Security center updated, the menu changed, now the 'maintain computer' option is missing?

Need help finding the Maintain Computer/QuickClean option on the new menu screen of McAfee SecurityCenter. It was a staple for me to clean out the temp files before shutting down my computer but I can't find the option anywhere on this new menu.

• 1. Re: Security center updated, the menu changed, now the 'maintain computer' option is missing?

Hello

Just to add to the list:

1. Password Vault is missing

2. Personal Information Protection - Missing

4. Maintain Internet Network - See network map - Missing; Now I do not know where to see Inbound/Outbound events or intrusion events...

Would have been great if any of the experts here could provide a side by side comparison - what's missing and what's changed.

Warm Regards

Shiba

• 2. Re: Security center updated, the menu changed, now the 'maintain computer' option is missing?
            Peter M

shibs wrote:

Hello

Just to add to the list:

1. Password Vault is missing

2. Personal Information Protection - Missing

4. Maintain Internet Network - See network map - Missing; Now I do not know where to see Inbound/Outbound events or intrusion events...

Would have been great if any of the experts here could provide a side by side comparison - what's missing and what's changed.

Warm Regards

Shiba

Password vault is now part of a seperate entity, McAfee Anti-Theft.   If you need to reteieve a vault you can use the tool designed for that.

Personal Information Protection is covered by SiteAdvisor and VirusScan but this thread might help with changes to the suite and an explanation.

The full network security feature is no more, replaced by Home Network Defense.

We've passed on many comments regarding this year's model, both good and bad and hope that McAfee listens.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 01/09/10 7:12:11 EDT AM