2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2010 2:42 PM by SafeBoot

Hi I am having big problems getting McAfee on my sons laptop .

Hi We have a Latitude (Dell) D600 and I can not get my Total(Comnplete protection ) to download... nor will it take a 2009 Virus+ ???

The virtual Technician tells me there is insufficient ram. It has 256 as opposed to 500....

But surely there is some way of protecting this laptop on the internet???

There was before..

Please Help?

Anyone?

Thanks

JonTelf

• 1. Re: Hi I am having big problems getting McAfee on my sons laptop .
          exbrit

There is probably a way of protecting it with one of the free anti-virus applications such as Avast.  The McAfee software comes minimally with at least antivirus, firewall and the optional browser add-on Siteadvisor.

Minimum possible RAM requirement is 256mb but more is highly recommended as it all depends what is already installed on the machine that may be utilizing some of that RAM & nowadays just about every application demands its share..

From what I read online the memory slots on the D600 are easily accessed underneath and can accept up to 2gb.   I may be wrong of course, but I do highly recommend that you add more RAM.  It is by far the fastest & easiest way to improve performance.

What operating system and service pack is installed?   You can check that by right-clicking My Computer and selecting Properties.

• 2. Re: Hi I am having big problems getting McAfee on my sons laptop .

moved to (hopefully) the right group for more help.