5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2010 4:10 PM by LithiumKid1976

endpoint Encryption - practical  user / machine setup example??

hi guys.

I could use some help with endpoint encryption.

I have the quick start guide for version 5.2.5, and have been working through that, but I’m still a bit confused about how to set up users and assign machines, and set passwords.

I’m looking for a real world example of how users are configured and managed.

For example, if someone could tell me what are the steps to take to set up the following, that would be great, I could take it from there....

*****Example******

Endpoint Encryption User group

Group name = finance

1 user = f_user

Enpoint Encryption Machine Group

Group Name = Finance_laptops

1 Machine =  FinanceLT

Example 2

Group name = HR

1 user = HR_user

Group Name = HR_laptops

1 Machine =  HRLT

if anyone could help that would be great...

• 1. Re: endpoint Encryption - practical  user / machine setup example??
          rbdudani

to configure above example.

example 1

Go to USERS Tab

1. Right click on Endpoint encryption user group > Create user group > finance > Ok

2. Above group will reflect in Endpoint encryption user group > Right click on Finance > Click on Open

3. Above step will open new blank window > Right click on blank window > Create user > f_user > Ok

Go to Machines Tab

1. Right click on Right click on Endpoint encryption machines group > Create Machine Group > Finance_laptops >ok

2. Above group will reflect in  Endpoint encryption machines group > Right click on Finanace_laptops > Properties > set the properties as per your requirement

3. again Right click on Finance_laptops > Create installation set > Complete the wizard

4. Deploy this installation set on Client machine and reboot

5. right click on try icon > show status > synchronize and check the log if client is successfully synchronized > this machine hostname will reflact on EEM in Finance_laptops

6. Right Click on Host name in EEM (Endpoint Encryption management Center) select properties > Users > Add (add some users/groups)

7. Synch again

6. After second reboot you will get Preboot and you have to enter username password you added in above step.

Do the above steps for second example by changing name

Message was edited by: Ram Dudani on 8/26/10 7:58:10 AM CDT
          • 2. Re: endpoint Encryption - practical  user / machine setup example??

Hi Ram Dudani

Thanks for the reply, looks exactly what im looking for.

i started working through the steps listed, but when i when i got to step 7 - deploying the installation set, i got this error.

Starting install set creation

Creating install set

Error Occured while creating the install set

0xe0130002 "No installer Executable sub found"

any idea on how to fix that?

Thanks

• 3. Re: endpoint Encryption - practical  user / machine setup example??
              rbdudani

reason for this error is : no client files are selected.

do the following

1. Right click on group > Properties

2. Files Tab

3. Search for the Endpoint encryption 5.2.x client files

4. select

Now try to create installation set again

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: endpoint Encryption - practical  user / machine setup example??

Group name = finance

>right click the top node in the user tree and create a new group - call it what you like

1 user = f_user

>open your new group, right click in it and create users as you want...

Group Name = Finance_laptops

>same as users.

1 Machine =  FinanceLT

>you don't usually create machines - you let them create themselves. Create an install set from your GROUP and run that on your clients - they will create nodes for themselves in the group, and assume the properties of the group itself.

>Once the machines have created themselves, you can tinker to your hearts content.

Did your company not buy any implementation support with the contract? It's really worth while having an expert on site to help you organize your deployment...

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: endpoint Encryption - practical  user / machine setup example??

thanks guys for your help, pretty sure they didnt implementation support

, but at least the posts that have been posted have been a great help, i'll be looking at it over the next few days...

ill keep ye posted, and thanks again for the help.