3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2010 2:40 AM by sundar.8212

How to deploy new software via ePO & enforce rules?

I have a ePO 4.5 in a office network of about 50-60 pax,

I want to set a weekly scan rule & a daily update rule with specific timings and rules in all the systems in my network.

I also want to deploy the latest Virus Scan 8.7i to replace my office currently installed Virus Scan 8.5i via ePO.

How do i do that?

Do i add these under the Client Tasks list or the Assigned Policies list? I tried on both, but after deployment, none of my systems shows an update of the task list which I sent out, including the new software installation.

Any idea why?

• 1. Re: How to deploy new software via ePO & enforce rules?
          Attila Polinger

Hi,

scan tasks, update tasks and deployment tasks are to be defined at the Client Task level. They apply to the current level and all levels underneath except when you turn off inheritance for the task on a sublevel (in which case the broken inheritance will be makred on upper levels).

Please check if the task is properly defined (i.e. not missing any important setting, like product in a deployment task, or schedule interval) or even check if the task is enabled.

In addition if you have Windows 7 clients, please make sure you added the platform code to the ePO database, otherwise they won't run client tasks. See KB67347 and KB67321.

Attila

• 2. Re: How to deploy new software via ePO & enforce rules?

Hi weak_pig ,

As i understand,

To create a Weekly scan, Systems----->New Client task------>Selet the task type----->make a schedule

To create a Update Task, System------->New Client task------>Select Task type--------make a schedule

Good luck

Regards

nagu

• 3. Re: How to deploy new software via ePO & enforce rules?

I missed one point,

To deploy a VSE 8.7

Check in the VSE 8.7 in Software Tab, and add the extention on configuration tab,

And create a Client task on Systems----->Client tasks----->New Task----->Select the task type.....If you already create a Deployment task modify it.

Regard

Nagu