1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 27, 2010 11:48 PM by rengaraj

McAfee Total Protection Service: Virus protection disabled - fix button grayed out

I'm trying to get the total protection service installed and working on my new Windows 7 machine (migrating from xp).  The installer runs fine but once installed, the Virus protection is disabled and if I try to run a scan the message "Internal error occurred" is displayed on the scan screen.

Help?

Thanks,

MicrosGuy

• 1. Re: McAfee Total Protection Service: Virus protection disabled - fix button grayed out
          rengaraj

Hi.

I have read your issue.

To resolve the issue that you are facing you need to completely uninstall  the McAfee software from the computer and then install the software again from your online security center. Please follow the steps below to do so

1. Open the page www.mcafeeasap.com, click on login on the top right and sign in with your login details

2. Click on the tab utilities on the top and select the 4th option Uninstall components left from a previous installation in that select MVSUninst and download and save it to the desktop and run this exe to uninstall.

3. Clear all the cookies and Temp files from the computer.

After you have done all the above steps, please proceed with the below steps for the installation.

1.  Log in to the online security center

2.  Click on computers on the top and then select all

3.  Select the computer in which you are about to reinstall and delete it from the list

4.  Select Dashboard tab on the top

5.  Click on install protection

6.  Select install protection onto new computers (not yet managed by SecurityCenter)

7.  Download and save the Topsbdm file to your desktop

8.  Run the file to install the product.

After you have installed, restart the computer and run a manual update

Please let us know if the above steps worked.

Thank you.