Some of the many new ePO 4.6 features and enhancements include:
• Simplified Install and Configuration Experience — the installation of ePO 4.6 has been streamlined to get the ePO server up and running faster. A guided configuration tool helps new users quickly setup and configure their managed environment through a series of wizard-like steps.
• Software Manager — the Software Manager provides a single location within the ePO console to review and acquire McAfee software, software components, and documentation. It eliminates the need to separately access the McAfee product download website to obtain new McAfee software and updates.
• Client Task Catalog — users can create reusable client tasks to manage systems in their network. A single client task can be assigned easily to multiple locations, each with their own unique schedule. Client tasks can be shared across multiple registered ePO servers. New querying options are available for tracking and reporting on client task assignments.
• Policy Assignment by Tag — simplifies policy management by providing the ability to apply policies based on the presence of a tag. No more searching the system tree to find an elusive policy assignment. Stop moving managed systems between groups and take your ePO automation to the next level.
• LDAP enhancements — new options improve LDAP performance in your environment.
• Dashboard Improvements — dashboard management has been radically streamlined. Drag-and-drop dashboard elements from the Monitor Gallery, configure options, move, and resize elements all from on the same page. Everything from eliminating the annoying multi-level drilldown required to manage dashboards, to saving all the underlying queries when exporting a dashboard, has received an overhaul.
• Advanced reporting — now users can create reports containing multiple charts! Reports can be customized with a header, footer, custom logo, picture, and/or text fields. The reports can be scheduled to run or, if run manually, a progress bar shows the status of the running report, leaving the administrator free to perform other tasks.