7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2010 4:27 PM by Peter M

Locating the Security Center icon

To install Quicken, I am advised to turn off my anti virus program, MaAffee.  MaAffee instructions are to "Double-click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter". I have Windows7 and cannot locate the Security Center icon. Where is it located?

• 1. Re: Locating the Security Center icon
          k3tg

When you click on the red M shield in your taskbar and it opens up Security Center do you see a message that Your Computer is Secure and no action is required?

If yes then click on Real Time Scanning, then click on Real Time Scanning Settings, then under Real Time Scanning click Turn Off

In the confirmation page, select when to restart the scanner by clicking the arrow next to When Do You Want To restart Scanning? The default setting is 15 minutes

Click Turn Off

• 2. Re: Locating the Security Center icon

thanks for your post, but a problem is that I do not have a red M shield in my task bar and I cannot open the SEcurityCenter. I do have a security message in my task bar which states that VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware is on but is reporting its status to Windows Security Center in a format that is no longer supported, and to use the automatic updating feature.

New problem: how do I access the automatic updating feature?

• 3. Re: Locating the Security Center icon

Hi erhicks, what version of mcafee do you have?Also,what version of windows?If you have 7 or vista click start.Then type notification area.Open see if Mcafee is on there.Maybe it is set to only show notifications.Change to show notifications and icons.If it`s not there go back to start & click,type Mcafee security.It should show up there.Then open up and update manually.                    Jack

• 4. Re: Locating the Security Center icon
                Peter M

He says he has VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware so I've moved this thread to that location.  Hopefully one of the Enterprise experts will now spot this.

• 5. Re: Locating the Security Center icon

Jack and Ex_Brit: Thanks for your attention. I have McAffee Site Advisor Enterprise 1.6.01.20, VirusScan Enterprise 8.7.0, and McAffee Ageng 4,0.0.1345 which I downloaded from my university (Univ of Illinois) webstore in January.And I'm running Windows 7.

Disabling the firewall should not be this difficult.

A quick solution is to uninstall McAffee today and get a new version with my new university, Tulane, tomorrow.

/elaine

• 6. Re: Locating the Security Center icon
                    Peacekeeper

Just checking you are using the business version ? This is the home version forum. I can move your post if you have the enterprise version to the correct section as we are not familiar with the business version.

• 7. Re: Locating the Security Center icon
                      Peter M

That would be easiest I suppose but note that you must ask for help in the Business section for all Enterprise products, not the Home and Home Office where you originally posted.

We consumer people can't help you as they are totally different.

I already moved it & posted what I'd done before you posted Tony.  Time lag I guess?

;-)

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 21/08/10 5:27:30 EDT PM
                      1 of 1 people found this helpful