1 2 3 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2010 6:38 AM by peter_eepc

problems when deleting  users, that seldomly reboot their computer, via script

I am using a batch script to find old users and machines and delete them...

How does the command ShowOldUsers work? What is an "old" user?

My problem:

Users that are still connected to active computers are deleted via this approach.

In this scenario, you can see the problem:

User Alice is assigned to the computer Neptune.

Alice is always online and does seldomly reboot ( a few months or more). When I am now executing the ShowOldUsers operation and then delete the user I have a problem, SINCE Alice is still active on her computer Neptune...

Is there an option to check (via script), whether a user is still assigned to a computer which is regularly synched (and not rebooted and therefore there is no user that logs on)?

Another approach of this question:

What could be the reason for that:  I am checking the audit log of a machine and I can see, that there are successfull syncs every 8 hours with the server, but NO reboots or user-login audits since MONTHS? I do not believe that a computer is running more than 3 or 4 months without a reboot...?

And if YES : HOW can i find out then, that the user is still active (via a script) and is so it shoudl not be deleted...

Thank you!

1 2 3 Previous Next