2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2010 7:13 AM by harrerch

Best Practise of deleting unused objects

Hello!

I am searching a Best Practise for deleting unused Machines and Users on my EEM.

Using the Reporting Tool I  was not really successfull (in the best practise guide i could not find anything appropriate either):

* First I wanted to delete unused machines, therefore I created a report of all machines, that did not synchronise for more than 120 days

* To delete unused users, i created a report of all users, that did not login for more than 120 days

BUT:

* There is a problem, when machines are mostly used offline and are not synchronised within a longer time span... if I delete those machines, this will lead to future problems, when they get online.

* obviously it happens quite often, that the user audit log is not complete.. there is a line in the audit reporting the first login, the initial pw change, and then there are a few months of "nothing"... when I deleted some of those "obsolete" users, I later recognized, that they are in fact still active...

-> what is the best thing to find unused objects? I cannot leave them on the server either, since i need the licenses...

What is the best way of combining reports?