5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2010 5:43 PM by k3tg

Incomplete upgrade

McAfee auto updated last night but was interrupted and the ugprade was not complete - now the icons don't work although McAfee appears to be running in the background. I tried using MVT but it only says the DAT is out of date and that a product update is required. How do a reload the upgrade?

• 1. Re: Incomplete upgrade
          Dinz

Hi ,

Check and delete if you have any other security software in the computer
          Close all open windows, right click on M icon (at the system tray)
          Click on the option (Check for updates)
          the updates take place automatic and should now complete.

Regards,
          Dinesh K
          McAfee Online Community Moderator

• 2. Re: Incomplete upgrade

Hi,

Right clicking on the icon doesn't bring up the usual selection list (nothing happens by right clicking). I tried launching Security Center but it only brings up a white screen. Are there other things I should try?

• 3. Re: Incomplete upgrade
              k3tg

You might want to consider uninstalling via Add/Remove programs and reboot the computer. Then go to Useful Links at the top of this page and run the MCPR removal tool. MCPR will remove any remaining traces of McAfee that might have remained behind when you uninstalled via Add/Remove and reboot again. Then login to your online McAfee account and download and install your software.

Let us know if your issue is resolved

• 4. Re: Incomplete upgrade

OK - that worked (I was just hoping to avoid that . . . slow DSL download).

Thanks

• 5. Re: Incomplete upgrade
                  k3tg

Please mark this thread as answered if everything is working ok

Good Luck