3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2010 12:20 PM by Dinz

Fails During Update Install

I currently have VirusScan version 13.15, Build 13.15.117, DAT file 6052 and engine version 5400.1158. Subscription is current. It says my DAT file is out of date, but every time I try to update, there is an error after the download and during the install and the program tells me to reinstall VirusScan. Anyone experienced this issue and how do I fix? Thanks.

Terry

• 1. Re: Fails During Update Install
          k3tg

How long have you been dealing with this problem? My dat is 6077 which is significantly higher than yours.

I would first try to use the McAfee Virtual Technician loctaed at the top of this page under Useful Links in the Technical Support area. MVT will scan your computer for McAfee related issues and if it finds any it will attempt to fix them. It will generate a report number which you should post here on the forum for further review in case we need to refer to it. It will also prompt you to contact Technical Support Chat which is available 24/7. Chat has the ability to remote connect into your computer to see what might be causing your issue and has many tools at their disposal to fix issues such as yours. You need to give them permission before they do in fact remote in to your computer.

Let us know what you find out with MVT

on 8/17/10 8:48:07 PM EDT
          • 2. Re: Fails During Update Install

MVT said there was a problem updating the DAT file and after running it said it was fixed. However, the new DAT file still couldn't be installed when trying to update. Went to Chat and the technician uninstalled VirusScan and told me to reinstall. I am on my third attempt to reinstall. Will let you know when and how the problem is finally fixed.

Terry

• 3. Re: Fails During Update Install
              Dinz

Hi ,

Do you still face any issues after the reinstallation . Please let us know so that we could help you in fixing that.

Regards,
              Dinesh K
              McAfee Online Community Moderator