1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 17, 2010 5:01 PM by k3tg

My ie add-on is not connect to a server at the time.

My ie add-on on the Favorite Bar is not connecting to a server to update and I check the Internet Explorer 8 menu to find any thing out of place.  Nothing out of the ordinary but notice things are going slow when I uses McAfee software, after I upgraded.  Don't know if this part of the program but connecting to McAfee's website, any McAfee website, it is very slow on uploading the website to my internet explorer tab window.  I've also notice I no longer have visual tracer with my McAfee software or any other capability to custom what website to block.  This is a disappointing factor for me with this new upgrade.  I gave it a two month trial to test the new upgrade, not better than the old one I had, giving it a 5 rating of 10 while the old one a 8 to 9 rating, were still learning to use the old one til now.

• 1. Re: My ie add-on is not connect to a server at the time.
          k3tg

You might want to run the McAfee Virtual Technician found at the top of this page under Useful Links in the Technical Support area. MVT will scan your computer for any McAfee related issue and if it finds any it will attempt to fix them.

As for the visual tracer they took that away from the current version and a lot of customers have been asking them to reinstate for the next version whenever they release it but I have not heard anything one way or another about it.