3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2010 9:16 AM by SPyron

Where is my free McAfee as promised?

Following the recent problems with my PC due to McAfee SP3 update. It was announced that all affected users would get 2 years free McAfee. I have contacted McAfee on numerous occasions and they have promised to call em back. Guess what?  No one called. Has anyone actually got what was promied? or have I benn dealing with a bunch of cowboys. And before someone says get in contact with customer support......  it does not exist.

• 1. Re: Where is my free McAfee as promised?
          k3tg

My recollection of the 5958 dat issue was that back in May they had posted instructions for filing a claim and that it needed to be filed by May 31 in order to be considered. Can you provide any further details concerning this?

• 2. Re: Where is my free McAfee as promised?
            Peacekeeper

Pointed this to Somer she is looking after these claims here.

• 3. Re: Where is my free McAfee as promised?
              SPyron

Hey Rockmad,

All the people that filled out the request form and provided their SR numbers have had their licenses extended.

The offer deadline was extended multiple times, and was finally shut off about 3 weeks ago. However, I'm more than happy to get customer service in contact with you to see what they can offer. Can you please private message me your full name, phone number, email address, and postal mailing address? You can private message me by clicking my name in this post (on the left), then clicking Send Private Message on the list on the right. Please DO NOT post this information here at this thread.