I have researched on your issue and I see that you have to create a new McAfee policy. Please follow the below steps to do so. Please install the software on one server and then perform the below steps and then check if that resolves the issue that you are facing.
1. Open the webpage www.mcafeeasap.com
2. Log in to the online security center
3. Click on policies on the top and then click on add policy
4. Select Virus and spyware protection and then click on the advanced tab
5. Now, please change the CPU usage percentage for scan and update to low or very low.
6. Select the Artemis scanning sensitivity and bring the level to low
7. Click on the exclusion list on the top and then enter the path of the other shared locations and allow it.
Now, on the server right click on the M icon and select update now to run a manual update. Then please check for the working of the shared locations.
Many Thanks, for this, I have applied the changes, and will update when it appears solved (The problem doesnt manifest itself for a day or 2 - hence making it rather difficult to support, as a fresh install appears to leave everything OK)
After applying the changes, the server worked from then until now. Again, access to all shares hosted on the server have been cut off. Seems like it may not be compatible with SBS2008?
A reboot will allow the shares back, but only for a while, the only long term solution is to remove the software?
I have read your post.
Please be informed that this is an ongoing issue. McAfee engineers are working on this issue.
This issue will be mostly resolved in the McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection 5.2 version which is about to be released in a few weeks time.
Please bear with us till the issue is resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.