2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2010 5:19 AM by shemp

Nero Show Time/McAfee Internet Security problem?

I have discovered that a problem I have had with Nero Show Time not loading a DVD is related to McAfee Internet Security. When I disable McAfee the program will load with no lag but as soon as I enable it again, Show Time will lag for a few minutes. This doesn't happen with any other DVD software, and it didn't occur when I was using Kaspersky. It's not a dealbreaker as McAfee works perfectly well with everything else, but I would love a fix for this or advice on how to get around it.

• 1. Re: Nero Show Time/McAfee Internet Security problem?

I have the same problem with windows MediaPlayer AND Nero showtime.  Same .mpg file will hang both applications BUT will play in VLC player???

Insert a DVD and go make coffee for a while then Media player might be ready McSheild.exe using most of the CPU. All players work without delay if scanning turned off

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Nero Show Time/McAfee Internet Security problem?

I haven't had problems with any other media player except Show Time. PowerDVD plays fine, as does Windows Media Player. It seems Nero doesn't like antivirus programs...Kaspersky wouldn't allow the burning of CDs and DVDs without excluding the programs from scans. I wish McAfee would allow for program exclusions, it would fix the problem straight away.