1 2 3 Previous Next 80 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2012 5:02 AM by Peter M Branched to a new discussion.

McAfee Security Center blank window

I was notified of earlier by McAfee Security Center saying my computer wasn't fully protected and seconds later the icon in at the bottom left of the screen went black and pixelly and the Security Center itself just opens to a white blank window, not opening to the normal window.

Any ideas?

Message was edited by: CrypticGoose on 3/26/11 7:52:43 AM CDT
        • 1. Re: McAfee Security Center blank window

Did you make any changes to your computer recently, like system restore (or) windows reinstall/ upgrade!!! However, you may also try the following

Delete all the temporary internet explorer files (reset if required).

Click on Start> Click on Run> Type cmd (Windows Vista users right click on it and run as administrator)>

Type regsvr32 jscript.dll> Click on OK

Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll> Click on OK

Type regsvr32 scrrun.dll> Click on OK

Close the command prompt, right click on the McAfee icon which is on the right bottom corner of the computer screen and check for updates, if required reboot the computer and check the status

• 2. Re: McAfee Security Center blank window

I removed temporary internet files and nothing changed

I typed in the 3 cmd prompts and they said

First One - The module "jscript.dll" was loaded but the call to dllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005

Second One - Succeeded

Third One -  The module "jscript.dll" was loaded but the call to dllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005

I checked for updates and it downloaded anti virus scan then installed it but nothing happened after that and when I hover over the icon in the bottom right (earlier mistake in first post on my part) it still says that "your computer is not fully protected"

--- UPDATE ---

I ran the command prompt as administrator and both the 'first' and 'third' ones as I referred to earlier said succeeded

However the problem I have still exists

Message was edited by: CrypticGoose on 8/17/10 5:25:58 AM CDT
            • 3. Re: McAfee Security Center blank window

Hi,

Please try the below steps.

1. Download IERegFix.bat and save it to your desktop:
                http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/IERegFix.bat
              2. Locate IERegFix.bat on your desktop and double-click to launch.
              3. Once launched, you will be presented with press any key to continue. To execute, press any key on your keyboard.
                NOTE: This may take several minutes to complete.
              4. When it has finished, you will see Action complete. Press any key to close. Press any key on your keyboard to close the IERegFix.bat.
              5. Open McAfee SecurityCenter to see if the problem still persists.

If the issue persist you may try reinstalling McAfee.

• 4. Re: McAfee Security Center blank window

What IExplorer version do you have?, Mcafee dont work with beta programs and Iexplorer have a new version Ie9BETA

• 5. Re: McAfee Security Center blank window

I have had the same problem on 2 different PC's.  Each is running Windows 7 and IE9.0.7 Beta.

Running the ITRegFix.bat, all the command lines listed, clearing temporary internet file, or re-installing McAfee did not resolve it.

McAfee scanning appears to blank out too.

• 6. Re: McAfee Security Center blank window
                    Hayton

That's the answer. There used to be a big banner at the top of one of the pages (it may still be up there somewhere) saying Mcafee doesn't work with Internet Explorer 9 Beta. At the least, you get a white space where the Security Center ought to be. It's a known feature. If you want to use Beta IE9, you won't have a functional McAfee interface. Sorry. Presumably when IE9 comes in as a regular version this will be sorted out.

• 8. Re: McAfee Security Center blank window
                      JackYan

I have this very error after “upgrading” to the final Internet Explorer 9. Everything is blank. Can anyone assist, please?

I have managed to get McAfee to run by right-clicking the icon (the options still display) but I can’t see a thing in the McAfee window.

No McAfee, no gadgets post-IE9.jpg

I have never had an IE9 beta installed on this machine.

Message was edited by: JackYan on 3/25/11 6:13:47 AM CDT
                      • 9. Re: McAfee Security Center blank window
                        Jayadeep NR

Hi JackYan, Nice wallpaper. Which car’s that?

Step 1:

Download IERegFix.bat and save it to your desktop:
                        http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/IERegFix.bat

Locate IERegFix.bat on your desktop and right click on the file and select “Run as Administrator”.

Once launched, you will be presented with press any key to continue. To execute, press any key on your keyboard.
                        NOTE: This may take several minutes to complete.

When it has finished,you will see Action complete. Press any key to close. Press any key on your keyboard to close the IERegFix.bat.

Step 2:

Click on Star t>  In search option type cmd (Windows Vista users right click on it and run as administrator)>

Type regsvr32 jscript.dll > Hit Enter button > Click on OK

Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll > Hit Enter button > Click on OK

Step 3:

Please close all Internet Explorer windows.

(This may remove yourfavorite website saved in IE)

Open Control Panel >> Network and Internet >> Internet Options.

Click on General Tab and select Delete.. button and check “Preserve Fav. Website Data , Temp Internet Files and Cookies” and click on Delete button.

Now click on "Advanced" tab and then click on Reset >> Delete Personal Settings >> Reset >> Apply>> Ok.

Step 4:

Click the link belowand save the file to your desktop:
                        http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.e xe

Double-click the McPreInstall.exe.

Click Start button inside the Preinstall Tool.

Read the warning message and click OK to agree to the changes.

After the Preinstall Tool completes, click OK.

Click Close and restart your computer.

on 25/3/11 7:13:35 PM IST
                        1 2 3 Previous Next