5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2010 10:23 PM by Aldrin RSS

What exactly is McAfee Pearl MUI?

I just got a new Dell with McAfee Pearl MUI 15month without media. I have been trying to find out what it is:

Even McAfee Help says

"Continue reading to learn more about the protection included with your McAfee software.

McAfee® AntiVirus Plus 

McAfee® Internet Security 

McAfee® Total Protection "

BUT it doesn't say which I really have! Nowhere can I find it listed, nor with the year/version.

Message was edited by: comptutor on 8/16/10 12:23:05 PM CDT
        • 1. Re: What exactly is McAfee Pearl MUI?
          Ex_Brit

Pearl was an internal name associated with the newest 2010 release.  You would have to check with Dell which of the 3 McAfee suites you have listed is the one you are entitled to.

• 2. Re: What exactly is McAfee Pearl MUI?
            Dinz

Hello comptutor,

If you do not have your McAfee programs installed, please contact our technical support from available links at the top of this page along with the order no & customer not you got through dell.
            Our technicians would validate you r information and provide you necessary information along with that they will help you installing the same .

Regards,
            Dinesh K
            McAfee Online Community moderator

• 3. Re: What exactly is McAfee Pearl MUI?

I'm not sure I understand your message, but my software is ALREADY installed. I am trying to find out exactly WHAT was installed.

And contacting Dell wasn't any help.

• 4. Re: What exactly is McAfee Pearl MUI?
                Ex_Brit

Double click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter, do the following depending on which version you have...

Once SecuritCenter is open

If the taskbar icon is a square shape click About at the lower right hand corner and that will list the applications and version numbers.

If it's a shield-shaped icon click Navigation at the top right

Click About at mid-left and they will be listed there.

• 5. Re: What exactly is McAfee Pearl MUI?

In addition to that, as Dinz has mentioned above you may also contact our technical team who would validate your account and give you a clear information about the package that you have subscribed with McAfee