1 2 Previous Next 10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2010 2:39 PM by peter_eepc

EEM Admin's group restrictions

User Admin need to be restricted to only seeing his group, but when I apply the group to his account, he can not see any machine groups.  I remove the group and he can see all machine groups.

• 1. Re: EEM Admin's group restrictions

I also created another similar group, and it works fine.

• 2. Re: EEM Admin's group restrictions

Was group added using EEM? Is Admin using highest level?

• 3. Re: EEM Admin's group restrictions

I created an admin group called CFW PACS Desktop Admins for the user group: CFW Parks And Community Services.

I also created the same exact way another group called CFW Libray Desktop Admins that manages the CFW LIbrary Group, and this one has no probmems with addit the group restrictions.

I thought the group was corrupted and did a cleanu on the user groups, machines, and orphan objects; then, I deleted the admin group and recreated it.  Also, deleted the user admin and got recreated when the sync was done last night and still does not work.

It only works when I remove the restrictions.

When I apply the restrictions, he can see the user group, but not machines. As soon as I remove the restrictions, he can see all group machines.

Message was edited by: mariosanchez on 8/17/10 8:34:47 AM CDT

This admin groups are only managing their group, and they are level 5 with restricted rights, but both groups have the same right. One works and the other does not.

Message was edited by: mariosanchez on 8/17/10 8:38:19 AM CDT

Yes, they were created with EEM.

Message was edited by: mariosanchez on 8/17/10 8:38:45 AM CDT
              • 4. Re: EEM Admin's group restrictions

If you perform regular maintenance on your database (as per Best Practices doc) and add proper groups (users AND machine groups) to your admin user groups, there is no reason for this scheme not to work properly.

Did you try to raise admin level for user having that problem?

• 5. Re: EEM Admin's group restrictions

Yes, I raised the group to level 6 and gave them more rights.  Of course, When I put the user admin in my level 16 group, everything works.  The funny thing is that when I put this particular user on the other group that is working, he does not see the machine groups.

Is only that particular user admin.  I deleted this user admin and it was recreated automatically.

• 6. Re: EEM Admin's group restrictions

Recreated automatically? Admin account? Can you elaborate more on that..

• 7. Re: EEM Admin's group restrictions

I am just talking about the user.  The user account was created automatically when the connector does the sync at night and it places the user in the admin group.

The user is on AD so the connector created the user, but that should not matter, right ?

Message was edited by: mariosanchez on 8/17/10 10:18:00 AM CDT

In case it does matter, I just created an admin accont on EEM and put him in that group and the same results.

Message was edited by: mariosanchez on 8/17/10 10:27:12 AM CDT
                      • 8. Re: EEM Admin's group restrictions

you need to add ALL the groups your user needs to see - including machine groups, to the group list.

if you only add a user group, that's all that user will be able to see - just that one user group.

• 9. Re: EEM Admin's group restrictions

You are right, I was missing the computer group.

1 2 Previous Next