Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
5642 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2010 9:59 PM by Roxie-xO RSS
Roxie-xO Newcomer 6 posts since
Aug 15, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 15, 2010 12:42 PM

McAfee Problem: DAT out of date

Hi there,

This is the first time that I've used McAfee's Community Help, and seeing as so many other people have gotten positive help from here, I  thought I'd try it out.

I bought my McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2010 about 2 months ago, and I know I'm responding to this problem a little bit late, but if there's anyway to help, that'd be great.

When I downloaded it it worked out perfectly fine, however it wouldn't let me actually activate the program. Everyday I would get the same message, Hurry up and activate, and I would try but it never worked.

I got my CD and tried reinstalling it, but the same thing happened. I went to MVT and it said that my problem was that it was DAT out of date. So I tried fixing it, but every time I would re-scan, the same problem would appear. Every time I checked it before re-scanning, it would say it was Pending. But nothing ever happened.

I've looked through my computer to see whether I have other AntiVirus programs and such, but nothing.

So my question basically is, am I not able to activate it because the program is out of date or are they 2 separate problems?

Thanks,

• April Jacobs McAfee Employee 1,516 posts since
    Nov 1, 2009
    1. Aug 16, 2010 9:37 AM (in response to Roxie-xO)
    Re: McAfee Problem: DAT out of date - Cannot Activate

I see that a moderator has moved your thread to our Home user area. Hopefully a product expert can help you soon.

• Dinz Master 3,223 posts since
    Oct 13, 2009
    2. Aug 16, 2010 4:56 PM (in response to Roxie-xO)
    Re: McAfee Problem: DAT out of date

Hello Roxie-xO

Could you please provide me with the following details ;

What is the operating system of the computer ?
    How is the computer connected to internet ?
    Can you post me with a screen shot of the activation error you receive

Please get back to me with the above details , we can get this one resolved for you .

Regards,
    Dinesh K
    McAfee Online Community moderator

Dinesh
    Ex Community Admin
  • sweety Newcomer 9 posts since
    Aug 20, 2010
    5. Aug 20, 2010 2:30 PM (in response to Roxie-xO)

Hi ,
      First try ping download.mcafee.com ,check whether your getting good response

clear temp,cookies,prefetch

and then try activating mcafee in safe mode with networking check it works

• k3tg Veteran 867 posts since
    May 22, 2007
    7. Aug 21, 2010 7:19 AM (in response to Roxie-xO)

You might want to do a uninstall via Add/Remove programs and reboot the computer. Then go to Useful Links at the top of this page and run the MCPR removal tool to completely remove any remaining traces of McAfee and reboot the computer.

Follow the instructions in this link and run the Preinstall tool and reboot and then insert your cd and try to install again. Let us know if this works for you.http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100119

Tom K3TG

Volunteer Moderator

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points