9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2010 9:59 PM by Roxie-xO RSS

McAfee Problem: DAT out of date

Hi there,

This is the first time that I've used McAfee's Community Help, and seeing as so many other people have gotten positive help from here, I  thought I'd try it out.

I bought my McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2010 about 2 months ago, and I know I'm responding to this problem a little bit late, but if there's anyway to help, that'd be great.

When I downloaded it it worked out perfectly fine, however it wouldn't let me actually activate the program. Everyday I would get the same message, Hurry up and activate, and I would try but it never worked.

I got my CD and tried reinstalling it, but the same thing happened. I went to MVT and it said that my problem was that it was DAT out of date. So I tried fixing it, but every time I would re-scan, the same problem would appear. Every time I checked it before re-scanning, it would say it was Pending. But nothing ever happened.

I've looked through my computer to see whether I have other AntiVirus programs and such, but nothing.

So my question basically is, am I not able to activate it because the program is out of date or are they 2 separate problems?