2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2010 2:08 AM by Peacekeeper

Unable to install updates for other programs

Since I installed SC9 I am unable to install updates for other programs. Updates to iTunes, ooVoo as well as Windows updates, all fail.

I have tried disabling Spyware protection, SystemGuards protection and Script Scanning protection.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Brad

• 1. Re: Unable to install updates for other programs
          k3tg

When did you first install McAfee?

Was it purchased online or a retail store?

Did you previously have any security software installed prior to installing McAfee?

Did your computer have any prior malware or virus infections?

Required Reading - Home User Assistance Malware Troubleshooting

Try running the stinger which is mentioned in the document and see if it finds anything.

You could also try to run the McAfee Virtual Technician which is found at the top of this page under Useful Links in the Technical Support area. MVT will scan your computer for any McAfee related issues and if it finds any it will attempt to fix them.

You could also try this program if you still can't install any updates to see if it might find something. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php Download the free version and install the program and check for latest updates. It might be to your benefit to download this on a usb stick before attempting to install on your computer. If you can get it installed run the program and let it clean everything it finds and reboot the computer if prompted to do so.

• 2. Re: Unable to install updates for other programs
            Peacekeeper

Also why 2009 you should consider updating via your account to 2010 version