McAfee automatic updates fail to complete due to many reasons such as ;
Conflict with a third party security spoftware
Dropping internet connection
Malware infections and many
Could you please confirm the following questions so that we could diagnose your issue and get it resolved at the earliest
How is your computer connected to internet ?
Do we have any other security software installed in the computer ?
- From the Taskbar, click Start, and Run.
- In the Run field, type notepad %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts then click OK.
Note: This will open the 'hosts' file in Notepad.
- Remove all lines referencing McAfee websites, or Network Associates International (NAI) websites.
- Examples of such lines are:
- 69.299.33.21 bin.mcafee.com
- 220.127.116.11 nai.com
Note: You can ignore all lines that start with the # symbol.
- Click File.
- Click Save.
- Close Notepad and try to update your McAfee product again.
Kindly revert back with the above information , we are awaiting your response
McAfee Online Community Moderator
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Under the "UPDATES" tab 'next update' should be changed to read 'next update check', the way it reads now is misleading. McAfee only (actually) updates about once a day to a day and a half. At least on my computer.