I'm trying to do a simple block of .exe from being donwloaded from web and I'm not finding any option to do it?
Can someone help me please?
You can use regular expression (if you want to) in order to reach your objective. Steps below might help you:
1. Login into the EWS 5.5;
2. Go to Web - Scanning Policies - URL Filtering: Primary URL filtering
3. Click on the tab named "Denied URLs (Regex)"
4. Add a URL with the following string: /*.exe
5. Apply your configuration.
6. Try to download any .exe file from the internet and check the results.
Note: I'd suggest you to test this rule before implementing it in production, since sometimes regular expressions might cause some false positives. Attached there is a screenshot with an example.