3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2010 5:49 PM by peter_eepc

Endpoint synchronization simulation

Hi

Does any of you have any suggestion to simulate 10s to 100s of Endpoint (Encryption) client synchronization. The idea is to see if there is any DB crash (SbDbServer.exe crash), when multiple endpoint synchronize at a given time.

I also see limiations in the number of simultaneous connections/ updates by AutoDomain tool. So I would like to test this.

Typical performance/ load testing products like Loadrunner/ WinRunner doesn't seem to fit this scenario.

Highly appreciate your suggestion/ ideas

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Endpoint synchronization simulation

Does any of you have any suggestion to simulate 10s to 100s of Endpoint (Encryption) client synchronization. The idea is to see if there is any DB crash (SbDbServer.exe crash), when multiple endpoint synchronize at a given time.

Deploy 20 VMs and run jobs that perform SBADMCL operations in a loop. Record any client failures. Monitor server status/connections.

To aggraviate situation, run clients from a distant network (higher ping latency). You can use traffic shaper to simulate latency and bandwidth constraints.

I also see limiations in the number of simultaneous connections/ updates by AutoDomain tool. So I would like to test this.

What made you think that there are limitations? Which version of EEPC?

• 2. Re: Endpoint synchronization simulation

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm trying to get 10+ Win XP VMs. Let see how that goes.

What made you think that there are limitations? Which version of EEPC?

AutoDomain script was taking 3 to 5 minutes to update cached users during our testing. So I was thinking there would be limitations/ bottlenecks if there 100 such AutoDomain scripts running in endpoints trying to update the object directory at the sametime. Is it not so?

We use EEPC ver 5.2.3.5

• 3. Re: Endpoint synchronization simulation

Wouldn't AutoDomain log tell you were it sits waiting?