2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2011 3:04 PM by akill

SOS: state of emergency, Mcafee not detecting these malicious files

babatola

I am getting really worked up right now as mcafee virus scan is putting me on my toes.

I have updated DAT files, scan engines (the only thing i dont have is tomorrow's DAT files, if only it would solve the problem) and yet mcafee virus scan is not detecting obvious files. I have sent sample repeatedly and there are no positive results from the Mcafee Labs.

This is really annoying as what can easily be contained is turning out to be an attack on the network, which there are no abvious answers for

I have attached screen shots of drives that have been repeatedly scanned with Stinger (with artemis level set to high), VirusScan Enterprise (Artemis level high), and even the command line scanner.

I believe that the malware is Ralia Odinga. Artemis has only detected a few of the file but repeated scans on the drive given negative results.

On demand Scan Configuration:

Scan location: running process, registry, local drive, all mapped drives, cookies

File types: All files

Hueristic Detection:High

1st action: clean

2nd action: delete

On Access Scan Configuration:

Scan: when reading from drives, writing to drives, network drives

Filetypes: All files

Hueristic Detection: High

1st action: clean

2nd action :delete

the malware creates executable (.exe) in the name of the parent folder e.g: Y:\Audit vault\Audit vault.exe (this is shown in the screen shot attached)

Please this is really scary and posing a lot of threat

please who has a way out...........urgent help