7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2010 10:42 AM by ittech

Rules are incorrect and will not be executed?

ittech

I had a strange occurance today. I logged on to the MWG7 and about 70% - 80% of my rules where highlighted in pink and I was told something along the lines of "they weren't proper actions and will not be executed". I updated the appliance and after logging in again everything was okay. Anyone have an explaination for this?

• 1. Re: Rules are incorrect and will not be executed?
          michael_schneider

You could check the errors logs for coordinator and UI to see what they report on.

best,

Michael

• 2. Re: Rules are incorrect and will not be executed?
            ittech

No, UI errors that day. I did have some coordinator errors. These were just once (looks like updating errors?):

[2010-08-09 10:56:57.814 -04:00] [Coordinator] [UpdateProcessConnectUpdateServer] Error occured while sent update request to update server: wpm-usa.webwasher.com caught exception: COSErrException with errorcode: 101.
            [2010-08-09 10:57:28.905 -04:00] [Coordinator] [UpdateProcessConnectUpdateServer] Error occured while sent update request to update server: wpm3.webwasher.com caught exception: COSErrException with errorcode: 101.
            [2010-08-09 10:57:59.968 -04:00] [Coordinator] [UpdateProcessConnectUpdateServer] Error occured while sent update request to update server: wpm.webwasher.com caught exception: COSErrException with errorcode: 101.
            [2010-08-09 10:58:31.005 -04:00] [Coordinator] [UpdateProcessConnectUpdateServer] Error occured while sent update request to update server: wpm-asia.webwasher.com caught exception: COSErrException with errorcode: 101.
            [2010-08-09 10:59:02.028 -04:00] [Coordinator] [UpdateProcessConnectUpdateServer] Error occured while sent update request to update server: wpm.webwasher.com caught exception: COSErrException with errorcode: 101.

This was repeated numurous times:

[2010-08-09 13:33:26.059 -04:00] [Coordinator] [NodeRequestFailed] Message '<co_distribute_status_request>' on node with UUID '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000010' failed. Error code: 200 - ERROR.

• 3. Re: Rules are incorrect and will not be executed?

I am seeing this exact same problem. I am running version 7.0.1.5.0. I just updated to this two days ago and that is when I noticed the problem start.

• 4. Re: Rules are incorrect and will not be executed?
                asabban

Hello,

I have noticed this once in the lab, but it was fixed by restarting the Service. Are you able to test this? If the issue persits, please file a Service Request with support.

Best,

Andre

• 5. Re: Rules are incorrect and will not be executed?

Thanks Andre, I have been working with support on this to try and pinpoint the problem for future fixes. I will try restarting the Service during some downtime to see if it helps.

• 6. Re: Rules are incorrect and will not be executed?

Looks like we solved this issue by removing some lines that we had added to the default index.html code for blocked pages. Specifically, we were using "PDStorage.GetUserData.Bool<authfailed>("authfailed"): $String.Concat$" in a commented out area so that we could do some troubleshooting and see the returned value when we viewed the source of a blocked page. This was causing our core to crash. After removing this, the core has not crashed and I am no longer seeing the message about problems with the rules when i log on to the GUI.

• 7. Re: Rules are incorrect and will not be executed?
                      ittech

Restarting fixed it for me