1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 17, 2010 1:17 AM by rengaraj

Total Protection doesn't work on my WHS

Hi,

I have a problem with Total Protection installed on my WHS. Virtual Technican detects 3 wrong registry entries and corrects the values. But after rebooting the system the wrong values appear again. If I try to open the McAfee console (using RDP) nothing happens; I'm not able to update the scanner. Don't know what to do now. Any help would be appreciated.

on 08/08/10 6:32:09 EDT PM
        • 1. Re: Total Protection doesn't work on my WHS
          rengaraj

Hi,

I understand that you have issues with the McAfee Software on the Windows Home Server.

Please follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Please try to uninstall and reinstall the software on the home server.

Follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall McAfee in home server.

1. Open the server console from any other computer
          2. Click on "Settings" on the top and then "Add-ins" and select the "Installed" tab.
          3. Check if you have any previously installed McAfee Total Protection service, if yes click on uninstall in Total Protection service.
          4. Your server console will be restarted.

Follow the below steps to install the software.

1. Open the server console from any other computer
          2. Click on "Settings" on the top and then "Add-ins" and select the "Available" tab and click on install to install the software
          3. Your server console will be restarted.
          4. Open the webpage www.mcafeeasap.com and login with your email and password
          5. Click on the My Account tab and on the page click on the tab accounts and keys
          6. Generate an key from the enrollment section
          7. Click on the activate button on the McAfee program in the home server console
          8. Enter the key in the activation window and click on activate.
          9. It will take around 30 minutes to get activated and then it will show the tasks as enabled.

Now your Home Server will be protected by McAfee Software.

Thank you.