2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2010 5:07 PM by rengaraj RSS

Web Protection and Browser Protection - What's the Difference?

My "McAfee Total Protection Service" pop-up window indicates that I do have "Browser Protection".

My "McAfee Security Scan Plus" pop-up window indicates "Web Protection Not Found".

Aren't these two one and the same?

How do I turn on/activate/find "Web Protection"?

I have the exact same McAfee service on both of my two PCs. "Web Protection" is functioning on one of my PCs but not the other.

Please see the two attached JPG files for images of these two pop-up windows.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Web Protection and Browser Protection - What's the Difference?
          Ex_Brit

Moved to Total Protection Service from Home Products for better attention.

• 2. Re: Web Protection and Browser Protection - What's the Difference?
            rengaraj

Hi,

I have read your post.

The McAfee Browser protection is a basic site-advisor feature. This feature is available in the basic McAfee Total Protection Service. The browser protection service will only show the sites that are good and which have the possibility of infecting your computer when you visit that webpage.

The McAfee Web Filtering service is available in the McAfee Total Protection Service advanced package. In the web filtering service the customer gets the option to block sites based on categories.

For e.g. If the customer blocks access to social networking sites as a whole, then no user can access any social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook, Orkut and similar sites. There are a lot of categories this way.

A single site from the blocked category can also be allowed using the exception option.

For e.g. If the customer has blocked the Social and networking category, he can allow only the face book site by add the face book URL to the exception list.

This Web filtering feature is available only in the McAfee Total Protection Advanced package.

Regards.