Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
2655 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 12, 2010 10:47 AM by Dinz RSS
aldwych Newcomer 3 posts since
Nov 29, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 6, 2010 6:17 AM

My Home Network > Mcafee on XP not talking Mcafee on W7

Hi,

I have two computers on my network one with XP lets call this one Dell and a laptop with Windows 7 lets call this one Toshiba.

Up untill last week the laptop had VISTA and worked fine on the network but now i have upgraded to 7 the network doesnt seem to be working. There is no trace of either one from the other except for in the network map in mcafee.

The dell PC says The routers brand and model ONLINE,  my computer PROTECTED, toshiba ONLINE (with a yellow exclamation) (it also says it has an old version of Mcafee but it has not they both have the same)

The laptop shows the routers ip ONLINE, my computer PROTECTED, Dell computer UNTRUSTED.

If I click trust I can type in the password, the pop up appears on the Dell PC but then it just shows the network map and no password box.

Message was edited by: aldwych on 06/08/10 06:17:54 CDT
  • Dinz Master 3,223 posts since
    Oct 13, 2009

Hi ,

Sorry for the delayed reply, The network credentials might have been lost during the upgrade/update . Please run the network cleanup tool from here which will reset the network data.

If you find it hard, please get in touch with our chat technicians here and they will help you remotely to resolve the issue.

Regards,
    Dinesh K
    McAfee Online Community Moderator

Dinesh
    Ex Community Admin

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points