1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 6, 2010 2:28 AM by Attila Polinger

AutoUpdate changing status with EPO 4.5

Hey I am running EPO 4.5 and agent 4.5 P1. I recently made an OOPS and changed the entire user interface policy option to disable the default auto update task in my EPO settings. However, I have since gone back in and removed the disable default auto update task checkbox and did a full client wake up/policy/task update but they are not contining to update from the server everyday. I am not sure what the deal is but the auto update task on all affected machines (roughly 50% of my EPO clients) show teh local auto update task as Not Scheduled. So is there another place or way I can use EPO to enable the auto update policy, or is this a one way ticket to someplace warm.

• 1. Re: AutoUpdate changing status with EPO 4.5
          Attila Polinger

Hi,

some people have already raised this issue here and -as I saw - informally they agreed that this could be either a bug or a feature. Nevertheless, once you disabled the product AutoUpdate task it won't be enabled again from ePO policy (as others have stated).

I wonder if you could create ePO managed update tasks for clients and use them for the same purpose...

Attila

Message was edited by: Attila Polinger on 8/6/10 9:28:48 AM CEST