5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2010 11:00 AM by Dinz

QuickClean Problem

Before i used the system restore i could use QuickClean but since i used system restore, the program doesnt save my settings and now i cant run QuickClean. .

on 8/3/10 3:42:06 PM CDT
        • 1. Re: QuickClean Problem
          Dinz

Hello wicken,

McAfee Support has encountered problems that were created by using the Microsoft System Restore.

McAfee recommends removing McAfee security products before proceeding with an operating system upgrade or using Microsoft System Restore, then reinstalling your McAfee product afterwards.

Please run the removal tool from useful links at the top of this page and reinstall the programs . u should be all set.

do let us know if any issues .

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

• 2. Re: QuickClean Problem

I already uninstalled, used mcafee removal tool and install mcafee twice but i still have the problem.

When i talked in the Chat, they told that in the end of July they were going to release a new update to solve this problem but until now nothing.

Message was edited by: wicken on 8/3/10 4:53:15 PM CDT
            • 3. Re: QuickClean Problem
              Dinz

Hello wicken,

May I know what is the version of Nvidia drivers in your computer.  You could check this by ;

1. Click the Windows Orb, right-click Computer, and select Manage.
              2. If prompted, click Continue.
              3. Select Device Manager.
              4. Expand Sound, video, and game controllers.
              5. Double-click your video card.
              6. Select the Driver tab. Your Driver Version will be displayed here.

McAfee customers using the NVIDIA GeForce go 6150 display adapter with driver version 7.15.11.7967, or the NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nforce 630M running driver version 7.15.11.7991 are unable to save their settings in McAfee Quick Clean.
              If the version matches one of the driver versions listed above, McAfee recommends you contact your video card manufacturer and obtain the last officially released driver for your hardware.

This issue appears to be caused by code inside the video driver, which is still in beta. McAfee does not support beta products .

Regards,
              Dinesh K

• 4. Re: QuickClean Problem

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M G - Version: 7.15.11.7934

• 5. Re: QuickClean Problem
                  Dinz

Hi wicken,

In order to find out the suspecting factor here,

Please restart the computer and start tapping the F8 key.
                  From the advanced boot options menu . select safe mode
                  After you get to the desktop, try to open McAfee and now check if you are able to save Quick clean settings.

Regards,
                  Dinesh K