2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2010 10:25 AM by DC-SG

CMA Caused Linux Out of Memory.

DC-SG

Hello All,

After successfully installing McAfee Agent (CMA) 4.5 on a Linux test machine, I decided to install it on a production Linux machine.

The CMA installation on my production Linux succeeded initially. The Linux client reported to ePO server.  However, after it ran for about an hour, it caused my production Linux client run out of memory. (See attachments for log). So I had to stop CMA. After stopping ePO CMA, my production Linux machine has been OK.  Why did I get this situation?

(A bit of additional info: this production Linux client also runs McAfee Antivirus product.)

Thanks in advance for all the help.

DC-SG.

• 1. Re: CMA Caused Linux Out of Memory.
          rackroyd

MA 4.5, or MA 4.5 patch 1 ?

Please note issue #16 resolved in MA 4.5 Patch 1 which may be relevant:

16. Issue: When policy enforcement occurred while the repository was being sorted, the McAfee Agent would leak virtual memory. (Reference: 528594)

Resolution: The McAfee Agent no longer leaks memory when enforcing policies during a repository sort.

If you have not already done so, please try patch 1.

Rgds,

Rob.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: CMA Caused Linux Out of Memory.
            DC-SG

Thanks Rob.

My research reveals that my MA for Linux is 4.5.0.1270. This is equivalent to the original release of MA 4.5 version.

Under the constraints at my work, I cannot obtain MA 4.5 patch 1 or 2 directly from McAfee. So I have just to wait for the official release of MA 4.5 patch 1 or 2 from the "higher up" org.

Nice Day.

DC-SG