2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2010 2:39 AM by zlatan24

internet explorer 8 and outlook express 6 becam slow open

Hello

I have just downloaded McAfee for the first time and Outlook Express 6 + Internet Explorer 8 became slow to open.

Can you give me a council? Thank you

• 1. Re: internet explorer 8 and outlook express 6 becam slow open
          exbrit

I already answered your other thread under SecurityCenter 10 - 2010.  You mention OE6 so I assume you are using XP, what service pack?

Please post full information regarding your operating system and service pack (Right-click My Computer and select Properties) and what McAfee products you have installed.

Double-click the taskbar icon to open Security Center.

If the icon is square you have the 2009 product so click "About" at the lower right-hand corner and post the details from every module.

If your icon is shield-shaped you have 2010 products and then click Navigate at top right corner

Click About at left side and poist details of every module.

Slowness in OE6 could be caused if you are in the habit of storing emails in your Inbox rather than creating special folders for that purpose.

Slowness in IE8 shouldn't be happening, but that depends on your add-ons - what are they?

Also do you or have you had other brands of protection installed?

You can obtain Technical Support Chat in French by clicking that under "Useful Links" above.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 01/08/10 7:19:16 EDT AM
          • 2. Re: internet explorer 8 and outlook express 6 becam slow open

Several days ago I was at the I-net and something happened with my emails. By a happy accident I asked an advice at my friend. He offered me an one software, which might help in such situation just like me – outlook express 6 problems.