2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2010 4:29 AM by ostein

suggestions on how to deploy a new site - agent handler or new epo server?

hello guys

im new to epo

we have one epo server in a domain enviroment and we need to add another remote site in a workgroup enviroment

the remote site is connected through a dedicated line and firewalled

the requirements are that the remote site will get policies and DAT updates from our epo server but not directly

i want to see the remote clients in our epo server system tree - but the remote clients should only talk to the remote handler/epo server

hope this makes sense

what is the best way to do this?

using an agent handler or a dedicated epo server?

thanks for the suggestions

• 1. Re: suggestions on how to deploy a new site - agent handler or new epo server?
          gizmagis

Hi ostein !

There is a number of pros and cons about having another ePO server or add agent handler. However, in many cases - including yours, i beleive it's best for you to add an agent handler. You do not need equally strong pc as the one for ePO server, you can shut down your ePO server (if you have to for maintance or sth like that) and clients connected to agent handler will still stay up to date with policy and deployment. Agent handler can also surve you as backup plan, failover or load balancing.

I suggest you read attached McAfee document about another agent handler vs ePO server. I would only like to remind you that the connection between ePO server and agent handler must have High Bandwidth.

Good luck,

Gregor

• 2. Re: suggestions on how to deploy a new site - agent handler or new epo server?

heya gregor

thanks for the reply !

im not clear about some thing though..

i dont want the domain computers to talk to the agent handler at all

the domain computer should only talk to the domain epo server.

i only need the remote stite stations to be able to talk to the handler

is this possible?

i did a test and i saw that all the domain stations were trying to contact the remote handler

when the server was offline i got error messages

thanks