3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2010 7:59 AM by exbrit

if I previously ignored a virus, how do I get it detected again?

I have some old MBOX files on my computer that are text files containing email messages. Some are as large as 100MB, and others are as small as a few KB.

McAfee Total Protection detected a MIME virus in some of these text files a couple of weeks ago. I did not know which option to choose, but I did not want to lose a large file if it merely contained a little text with a MIME virus. So, I selected "Ignore". But, I don't want to turn off detection of this in other files or later saved attachments; I just wanted to indicate that I didn't want to throw away the baby with the bathwater.

Ideally, I'd like to use binary elimination and keep manually dividing and re-scanning the affected MBOX files until I get it down to files containing single email messages, where I can either manually delete the attachment, or I'll see that the entire message was spam and I can delete it.

But, my last total scan of my system found nothing. I don't even know which files previously had the MIME virus. How do I see a list of viruses previously ignored (and selectively reactivate) or how do I reset my system to ignore nothing?