Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
3405 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2010 4:09 PM by Dinz RSS
stamatis Newcomer 1 posts since
Jul 31, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 31, 2010 7:22 AM

I HAVE  A PROBLEM WITH MCAFEE OAS IT GOES DISABLE AND VANT TURN ENABLE

I HAVE MCAFEE OAS AND THESE DAYES IT GOES DISABLE AND WHEN I OPEN THE VIRUSSCAN CONSOLE  THE ONLY THING THAT CSAN GO ENABLE ARE ACCES PROTECION AND BUFFER OVERFLOW PROTECTION, MY ON-ACCESS SCANER IS STILL DISABLE AND I CANT PUT IT ENABLE IF ANYOUNE HAS THE ANSWER PLEAZ POST IT HERE OR EMAIL  ME  AT

(email removed for your protection - Moderator)

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 31/07/10 8:22:49 EDT AM
  • Ex_Brit Volunteer Moderator 59,559 posts since
    May 6, 2004

I removed your email address as we already know it and it is unsafe to post it in a public place.   Also can you please not use all caps as it makes it difficult to read.

If you are using Registry cleaners, stop as those can cause this.  Another cause could be spyware/malware so download, install, update (important) and then run the free version of this software and let it remove everything it finds.  Reboot immediately if asked to.

It may be necessary to do the following to get the software working properly again.

1.  Uninstall all McAfee programs through "Add or Remove Programs" (XP), "Programs/Uninstall a Program" (Vista/Windows 7) in Windows "Control Panel".

2.  Use the MCPR tool, see this article: How to remove supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe).  This will remove all McAfee remnants from your computer.  (You must have Windows 7,  Vista, XP or 2000, SP4 to use this tool)

3.  Launch Windows Explorer and delete all McAfee files in "Program Files" but especially in "C:\Document and Settings\<user>\Application Data" and "C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data". You have to set Windows Explorer to show all hidden files and folders (Tools > Folder Options > View tab). Just delete the McAfee folders even if they are empty in all the "Application Data" folders. Can be more than one!

In Vista: C:\Program Files, C:\ProgramData and C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming

If you can't find these files don't worry.  It just means that MCPR has done its job.

4.  Reboot and redownload/reinstall your McAfee products directly from your account at the McAfee web site.

https://community.mcafee.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-143933-5189/78-49/Peter.gif
    Toronto • Canada
    Volunteer Moderator
    I can't help you privately - please post in the Forums
    Use Advanced Forum Search To Find Answers
    Beta Test McAfee Products For PC & MAC
    How To Fix File Associations in Windows
    XP & Office 2003 End-Of-Life - 08 April, 2014
    Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools
  • Dinz Master 3,223 posts since
    Oct 13, 2009

Hello,

Seems you are running a different platform of McAfee programs . Could you please confirm whether you user the enterprise version of McAfee or the Consumer version . If you are unsure of this , please post me with a screen shot of your security center and we will route you to the appropriate section.

Regards,
    Dinesh K
    McAfee Online Community Moderator

Dinesh
    Ex Community Admin

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points