1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 2, 2010 3:10 PM by wolfman099

Copy 8.7 On-Access Exclusions to On Demand Scan Task Exclusions?

wolfman099

We are running ePO 4.0 with VirusScan 8.7.

I spent a lot of time researching what exclusions to put in place for the applications in our environment.  These exclusions are in place for on-access scans.  I use tags to sort systems to specific groups and I assign specific exclusions on a group basis.  This allows me to target specific machines with specific exclusions.  The process has worked very well.

I am trying to refine our scheduled Scan Tasks.  The tasks that I have now do not include any type of exclusions.  I am setting up 6 total tasks and each task would need a set of exclusions.  Is there an easier way to add exclusions for each task?  The only way that I know of currently is to individually add each exclusion to each task and that will take FOREVER! The interface isn't very nice either.

• Does Mcafee have a way to export the exclusions from my On-Access Scan Exclusions to import in to the new scan tasks? 

• Are there other utilities out there for this?

• Can I do this with SQL against the DB?

I'm curious to hear how others are managing their exclusions.  Thank  you to anyone who takes the time to respond.

Message was edited by: wolfman099 on 7/30/10 10:05:10 AM CDT