3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2010 5:59 AM by rackroyd

ePO 4.5 Patch 3 - Login using AD does not work

gizmagis

Hi folks !

I've just upgraded my ePO 4.5 on patch 3 and tried to connect it with AD. I succesfully registerd LDAP server, synchronization for systems (system tree) does work fine. However I am not able to login to ePO console using windows credentials (from AD). I always got an error saying "You do not have permissions to access ePolicy Orchestrator". Active Directory User Login is set to true in Menu -> Configuration -> Server Settings and there is also set one permission set (default or custom) fot AD group (domain users).

What am I missing here ?

Thanks for help !

Regards, Gregor

• 1. Re: ePO 4.5 Patch 3 - Login using AD does not work
          gizmagis

I've just find a solution. I don't know if this is the right one (official) but it worked for me.

The problem is that with ePO 4.5 patch 1 and later some thing changed, however the manual isn't updated yet. There are no more User Auto Creation, Windows Authentication and Windows Authorization settings in Menu -> Configuring -> Server Settings. Windows authorization and authentication are now part of Registering New Servers and User Auto Creation was changed to Active Directory User Login with only one option (true - for AD login with at least one permission set and false - no automatically login).

The missing thing was another user which had to be created for permission set (which was mapped to AD group) to login into ePO. With another word, i had to manually create new user with windows authentication and set permission (at the bottom) the newly created permission set for AD.

Hope this helps,

Regards, Gregor

on 31/07/10 02:29:44 CDT
          • 2. Re: ePO 4.5 Patch 3 - Login using AD does not work

Is patch 3 avalaible for all? when the patch was released?

tnx!

• 3. Re: ePO 4.5 Patch 3 - Login using AD does not work
              rackroyd

Patch 3 was posted for general download on 30th June.

Rgds,

Rob.