0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2010 4:33 AM by Lieven

VirusScan 8.7i and Registry

Hi all,

We have some performance issues withe VirusScan 8.7i on Windows XP and this specifically with our Software Distribution tool.

We use Netinstall from Enteo for our software Distribution. This checks the registry for installed applications.

In the logs of our Netinstall client, we see that these checks in the registry take a lot longer. Disabling Access Protection solves this performance issue, but actually I would prefer to keep Access Protection enabled.

I did some testing and these are the results:

VirusScan 8.5 on Windows XP: Registry checks in the Netinstall Client Log are performed in about 1 minute.

VirusScan 8.7 on Windows XP with Access Protection disabled: Registry checks in the Netinstall Client Log are performed in about 2 minutes.

VirusScan 8.7 on Windows XP with Access Protection ensabled: Registry checks in the Netinstall Client Log are performed in about 7 minutes.

I have opened a case for this at McAfee, but they are still investigating. I just wanted to know if anyone had similar issues with VirusScan 8.7 or if anyone has an Idea about how to influence what VirusScan does with the registry?

Just another remark: on windows 7 64-bit we do not have this issue at all.

Thanks in advance,

Lieven