1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 27, 2010 12:07 PM by Peter M

Data Upload

Sir,

I have lincense version of Mc Afee Antivirus Plus. and I used to scan regularly, but problem is that it shows no virus detected, but when I see the internet usage site it shows "Uploaded Data". When I asked to internet service provider they said to me that you have virus in your computer so lot of data shows "Uploaded Data". Therefore my internet data usage is going to finish mostly because of Uploaded data usage.
      Kindly look in to this matter and please solve this problem on immediate and most priority basis.
      You can call me also between IST=9 AM to 4 PM

Yours Thankfully,

Punit Langalia
      Gujarat
      India

personal data removed for your privacy & security...mod

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/07/10 12:54:30 EDT PM
        • 1. Re: Data Upload
          Peter M

Don't ever post personal information in public view.  Support don't call you unless previously arranged through online Chat support   I assume this is home products so Discussion moved from Home and Home Office to Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance.

"Uploaded data" is so vague it could be anything.  It could be a programme looking for updates, or even emails etc.

Follow the guidelines here:  http://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1294

If that doesn't help then run the free version of this tool, Update it before running and let it remove anything it finds.   Reboot immediately if it asks you to.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/07/10 1:07:38 EDT PM