8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2010 1:48 PM by mzahn

Firefox container

I am running Viruscan II 2010. I was using Firefox browser and the plugin container wanted internet access (Viruscan flag). I didn't know what that was so I selected "block".

After researching, I have found that it should have net access.

My question: how do I unblock this? I checked program permissions, blocked sites, etc but no joy.

• 1. Re: Firefox container

Hey , open the Security Center, go to Web&Email protection , Firewall , Program permissions and change it's access to full , you will find it there for sure just look closer

on 7/26/10 3:06:56 PM CDT
          • 2. Re: Firefox container

El Perfecto! I looked carefully and found it. Clicked EDIT and changed it to FULL permission.

Thanks! You get a gold star today.

Now...if I could just fix that stupid  Mcafee memory location fault at shut down.......

• 3. Re: Firefox container
              Peter M

tutr2, that's being worked on, so we are told.  Glad your other problemn was fixed by DoZe.

• 4. Re: Firefox container

Thanks for the star mate , " closer " wasn't really the word to use above, but well you know what i meant , cheers

• 5. Re: Firefox container

I have the same problem but I couldn't do what you suggested. After I clicked on firewall the only options I got was 2 tabs. Restore defaults,   or Turn On. Nothing showing Program Permissions. I noticed you said to look closely but where is it? It is very frustrating that I paid for this and McAfee will not give me any customer service unless I pay more. When my subscription is up I will go to a different company that actually cares about their customers. Need help please.

• 6. Re: Firefox container

I have not researched this, but are you logged in as Administrator for your PC?

If not, does that limit your menu choices? (expert mode vs basic)

OOps....I  turned that into a question.

• 7. Re: Firefox container

I believe I am. McAfee came with my dell laptop. I wanted to just delete McAfee and reinstall but I couldn't find the program with the disks I got with the laptop. Could I download McAfee from their website? I don't have any sort of license key or anything.

• 8. Re: Firefox container

I just checked and there seems to be only one user for this computer.